Flossing is something I often neglect. I’ve never come across a professional cleaner and have usually stuck to good old dental floss. I was excited to give this a go to see if it made a difference to my teeth & gum health.
What is it?
- This has been taken from Liberex’s website:
- Professional Water Pick with 1600 times/minute high-pressure water pulse and 5 different 360°rotating long nozzles which make it rinse off the food residue between teeth and below the gums, where the toothbrush alone can not reach.
- 4 Cleaning Modes & Memory Function – Liberex teeth flosser has Soft, Midium, Strong and Pulse modes to meet various oral care needs. The memory function helps to remain the working mode in former use.
- Portable Size for Travelling – The teeth flosser will last up to 14 days’ continuous use after full charged in 4 hours. Comes with a carry bag and USB charging cable, it can be recharged via any USB device: wall charger, phone charger, power bank.
- OLED Display & 2-Minute Timer – The OLED screen clearly displays current working mode, water pressure, running speed, and remaining power. 2-minute auto timer to avoid the water dental flosser still working after you finish cleaning.
- IPX7 Waterproof & Anti-Slip Handle.
How to use
This is such an easy tool to use! You just charge the device, fill the water chamber and off you go!
The first time I used this I switched it on before placing it in my mouth haha hilarious, water shot everywhere!! So my advice is don’t switch it on until you are ready. The different heads/nozzles are great for being able to select what you need.
I used the device is short bursts between my teeth, this meant I wasn’t completely overwhelmed with water.
Having never used a device like this, I wasn’t sure what to expect.
The device was straight forward and simple to use. I used the flosser first before brushing my teeth, not sure if thats the right way round to use the device.
The battery lasts for a good length of time approx 14-21 days, the device is waterproof and the different interchangeable heads mean you can tailor the device to your needs. I found that the flosser kept my gums healthy and teeth clean, it really helped to remove any debris/food (gross) from in between my teeth. It is hard to say whether this should be replacing dental floss, I am not sure if it would remove any plaque or have the same precision as dental floss. I would need to see how my dentist felt I had been getting on with it.
However, I am always conscious of my dental health & hygiene and any steps to help keep my mouth healthy and clean are a bonus. It gets a big thumbs up from me!
UPDATE: I am still using this device months later. I am yet to see the dentist due to the pandemic, but I really think this has had a positive impact and I have slotted it into my daily routine!
This device was gifted to me by the brand, but the opinion is my own.