This product isn’t available in the UK and I was lucky enough to get my hands on some from a friend over in the states. I have been dying to try it for aggggeeess…
What is it?
“a powerful medicated solution that astronomically reduces existing acne and prevents future breakouts from forming. Formulated to treat multiple forms of acne, including clogged pores, inflammatory acne, hormonal acne, and acne rosacea, this 10% sulfur mask works deep within the skin to dry up and clear active breakouts. Tea Tree Oil and Manuka Oil aid in purifying the skin for a smoother, clearer complexion”.
How to use it?
- Apply to clean, dry skin and leave on until dry (20-30 minutes depending on desired application amount); remove with water
- Can be used as a targeted spot treatment or as an overnight treatment
The list of ingredients is so impressive:
- Niacinamide promotes clear skin while boosting radiance
- Zinc PCA and bentonite clay help to purify, reduce excess oil, and soothe the appearance of surface redness
- Tea Tree Oil: Often sought-after for its purification properties, tea tree oil is a natural way to clear congested pores.
- Sulfur: Promoting healthy connective tissue, sulfur works to repair damaged and inflamed skin.
I have been suffering with awful hormonal acne around my chin & jaw line and I have been getting a bit desperate! I applied this mask to cleansed skin and left for about 15 mins. The consistency is a lot smoother, more of a cream than I anticipated. I suppose I presumed it would be more clay like…I have no idea why. I quite liked the texture, it also meant that it didn’t dry down like a clay mask, which can be tight and uncomfortable.
The smell wasn’t over powering like I imagined it would be. It had a slight medicinal scent, but nothing to shout about.
I removed the mask using a wet flannel. The mask itself was actually easy to remove, no scrubbing needed. Straight away my skin felt smooth, brighter, softer and I could see the inflammation from my angry red spots had lessened. I applied my usual nighttime routine and in the morning, although my spots weren’t miraculously gone, they were a lot less red and appeared to be healing!
Overall…a winner for me! I will continue to use twice a week, already panicking about how I will restock when this one runs out!
- Cruelty free, vegan, free of sulphates, paragons, phthalates, fragrance…woah!
- Easy to use, nice texture
- Easy to remove, didn’t strip the skin
- Reduced inflammation
- Helped clear up breakouts & detox the skin
- Not available in the UK
- Not cheap
- Could be a bit harsh for sensitive skins
All of my opinions and experiences are my own and others may have different experiences. Thanks for reading!