I was lucky enough to be sent this Curaprox toothpaste in Watermelon by Church View Dental Care, Leeds! I genuinely didn’t know what to expect, I have never really used flavoured toothpaste other than mint!
What is it?
The toothpaste itself:
“protects against decay, provides lasting fresh breath, helps against sensitivity, does not provoke aphthae, naturally supports the saliva process, minimizes plaque and caresses your gums. Thanks to enzymes, hydroxyapatite and herbs“.
How to use it?
Well I am sure you all know how to brush your teeth, so I won’t go on!
The packaging alone is gorgeous, I am sure you will agree. There are actually 6 different flavours in the range…which I intend to try!
When you open the toothpaste, you can actually smell the watermelon flavour (dreamy!) The paste itself is actually slightly pink, shimmery and scruffy looking. The taste was unexpected, I actually had convinced myself it would be far too sickly and sweet, similar to brushing your teeth with icing sugar. I couldn’t have been more wrong! The description is: “Lovely sweet watermelon with refreshing menthol“, sweet watermelon & menthol….I couldn’t imagine! Let me tell you the toothpaste is so refreshing, cooling and icy with a subtle taste of watermelon. It isn’t sickly or overpowering, but absolutely divine!
It isn’t just a yummy flavour, this toothpaste is impressive:
- Whitening effect with glucose oxidase – gentle whitening.
- Fluoride is a must – protects against decay
- Caries protection with flouride and xylitol – strengthens teeth & tackles bacteria.
- Remineralises and desensitise with hydroxylapatite – helps with sensitivity.
- Power pearls:lots of menthol for extra long lasting freshness and a touch of silica for extra gentle cleaning. – freshens breath.
- Echinacea, Devils Claw and Pennywort – supports mucus membranes and stops inflammation.
- Bitter orange (citrus bioflavinoid complex) – as above
- Provitamin B5 (panthenol) – supports formation of new cells
- Prestige sparkling Blue – helps with whitening
- No SLS, No Triclosan, No micro plastic
- RDA 50 – low abrasive toothpaste (the Relative Dentin Abrasion ranges from 0-250). To give you an idea: A toothbrush with plain water is ranked – RDA 4 and
Colgate 2-in-1 Tartar Control / Whitening = RDA 200 which is considered harmful!!
This toothpaste came with a gorgeous matching toothbrush. It is so soft which made it sooo nice on my gums, gentle yet effective at removing plaque. My teeth felt ridiculously smooth and clean after using this.
- Unique flavours and gorgeous packaging
- Whitening properties
- Protection with flouride and xylitol from caries
- Remineralises and desensitises
- Leaves breath fresher for longer with menthol
- No SLS
- The toothbrush works so well and perfect for gum.
- The price – The set comes with a steep tag of £17 (although the brush alone is almost £5), so it is a luxury product. SEVENTEEN POUNDS I hear you say!! I know I was right there with you, however, writing this article has made me do quite a bit of research around toothpastes etc. The low abrasion, the gentle whitening, no SLS are all things that most standard toothpastes don’t have or do!! Some of the mainstream brands in the supermarket are so abrasive and potentially damaging! This product has really helped whiten and desensitise my teeth, which is rare.I spend a lot on skincare and make up and I started to wonder why I don’t invest in my teeth when we only get one set! My new routine is to use this new toothbrush & toothpaste every morning and my electric toothbrush in the evening. LOVE!
To order your tube of toothpaste drop an email to the super friendly Church View Dental Care at email@example.com or call 0113 2647133
Yellow: Grapefruit & Bergamot. Orange: Peach & Apricot. Red: Gin, Tonic & Persimmon, Pink: Watermelon, Blue: Blackberry & Liquorice, Green: Apple & Aloe
This toothpaste & brush was gifted to me by Church View Dental Care, Leeds. All opinions and experiences are my own, however others may have different experiences. Thanks for reading xx